Hacienda Concepcion Lodge-package 3 days/2 nights Guaranteed departure on daily basis // minimum 2 pax
Day 1: Arrival to to Puerto Maldonado. Reception at the airport and transfer to the Hacienda Concepcion by Inkaterra, located only 8 kilometers, 20 minutes down river from Puerto Maldonado. The Hacienda Concepcion can only be reached by taking a scenic canoe ride from the town. The lodge itself sits by a natural, private "Cocha" or lake, home to rich ecosystems, tropical plants and beautiful wildlife. Sensitively positioned within walking distance of beautiful and solitary lake Sandoval, this unique jungle lodge offers a wide range of fixed land and river excursions in its surroundings, opportunities to spot hoatzins or shanshos and other wild animals. The varied menu of day-trips will introduce guests to the magic of the rainforest which has yet to be discovered. The lodge offers 10 “ a la carte” excursions in Spanish or English such as:
* Concepcion trails (approx. 2hrs): Walk through the trails inside Hacienda Concepcion. Learn about primary and secondary rainforest: its components, uses and transformations by the human being, and its relevance for the world.
* Inkaterra Canopy Walkway & Anaconda walk (half day) : Visit the interpretation center and walk through treetops and wetlands. 25-minute transfer by boat to the Inkaterra Canopy Walkway Interpretation Center to learn about its construction and the conservation projects of ITA - Inkaterra Asociación (NGO). Ascend the towers and cross the bridges that connect the treetops. Then take a 15-minute walk towards the anaconda walk wetlands. Learn about flooded ecosystems and observe fauna and flora. Return to lodge by boat.
* Twilight River (at 18:30hrs): Cruise on the Madre de Dios river. Learn about river ecosystems, Amazon creeks, and the southern hemisphere sky. Approximately 2-hour cruise, depending on the weather and river conditions.
* Butterfly House: Visit the Inkaterra Butterfly House. There, several of the 3,800 Peruvian species are preserved and reproduced. Transfer by bus.
* Clay lick sighting : Walk 15 to 20 minutes toward one of Hacienda Concepcion mammal clay licks. Interpretation of the clay lick activity: importance, need and behavior. Learn about the difference in clay licks and their location. Return to the lodge.
* Cocha (approx. 4hrs): Canoe ride on the Hacienda Concepción cocha. Flora and fauna sightings. Learn about the ecosystem's environment. Enjoy of a native fishing and live the “catch and release” experience. Disembark at the remains of Fitzcarrald steam boat, and get to know its history. Return to the lodge.
* Gamitana Farm: Visit Gamitana's model farm. Take a 40-minute boat ride towards Gamitana creek; then 1.5-hour walk through the model farm. Learn about the importance of farm work as one of the primary economic activities in Madre de Dios. Fruit and crop tasting (depending on the season). Get to know about the community projects of ITA - Inkaterra Asociación (NGO). Return to the lodge by boat.
* Lake Sandoval (half day): Navigation in canoe around Lake Sandoval. Take a 50-minute walk towards the Tambopata National Reserve and 20-minute walk through terra firma forest. Learn about the reserve's environment, forest and oxbow lake. Return to the lodge by foot. (Access to discretion during months of rain).
* River Island (approx. 3hrs): Visit the river island known as Rolin, 10-minute transfer by boat. Walk through the island. Learn about the wetlands' ecosystem and vegetation succession. Birdwatching. Transfer to the lodge by boat. * Rainforest by Nigh (at 18:30hrs): Biological activity differs greatly between night and day in the Amazonian ecosystem. Venture into the forest and experience the mystery of the animal activity that awakens in the rainforest after dark, enhancing animal resources to create new adaptation mechanisms. Listen to nocturnal forest sounds and spot species that only emerge at night.
Day 2: Exploring the jungle at the Hacienda Concepcion by Inkaterra. Each guest will coordinate his or her individual schedule with the Head Interpreter upon arrival at the lodge with choices depending on personal preference, length of stay, desired activity levels and weather conditions.
Day 3: After an early breakfast your guide will accompany you on your way back to the city. Following transfer to airport for your departure flight.